Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Is This Thing On?


I realized last night as I lay staring up at the dark ceiling above my bed, that in two days I will be laying on a new bed, staring up at a different ceiling, waiting for sleep in an unfamiliar room. The thought struck me in a profound way, and I immediately thought of all of the faces I would not have near me in these next weeks! When I woke up, the first order was of course to print pictures of those wonderful faces, and the second was to make this blog. This is for all you lovely people I wish I could take with me, not only for company, but so you can know the beauties and moments I will be blessed enough to experience. I will do my best to upload pictures (because I'm so on top of things like that) and update you on how the journey is going for these next 6 weeks! For those of you who aren't sure (I'm pretty sure most people think I'm already in Berlin) I'll be studying German July 17-Aug 14 and then tromping around Europe with some incredible friends from architecture until the 23rd!

Eight months ago, my precious friend Hailey planted the idea of studying in Germany in my head, and as I pack up my things to leave for that trip, I can't say I'm much better prepared than I was back then. Whatever I don't know, I do know this: God is God in Austin and in Berlin, and I have hope that He who has provided so many things in love will make this trip larger than the bags I can carry.

Please pray for me and the people I will meet. Please praise Him for the friends that have encouraged me to go and live for His glory. I love love love you all, and I will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment